In the larger models, the same high performance 25mm (1in.) vented tweeter is paired with two 115mm (4.5in.) ultra-low profile bass and mid-range drivers for an even bigger sound. As one of the world’s thinnest high performance home theater systems, the new T Series combines several landmark innovations: a radical new ultra-low profile bass and mid-range driver, and a large, fully vented new tweeter. By incorporating both in cabinets only 35mm (just over 1.25in.) deep, the T Series brings you all the pleasures of true audiophile quality sound in a speaker that perfectly complements the aesthetics of the latest flat screen TVs.
Slim Speakers, Serious Sound
- KEF’s revolutionary T Series is in a different league from any low profile speaker you’ve ever heard.
Ultra-Slim Bass Driver
- This bass driver has a clean, forceful response that brings the action vividly to life.
- Instead of a cone, the radical new twin-layer bass and mid-range unit has a flat diaphragm whose rigidity throughout the frequency range is maintained by very fine stiffening ribs, with the driver as a whole acting as a stressed member to help eliminate any unwanted resonance from the slim cabinet. The resulting response is as clean, accurate and distortion-free as a quality conventional speaker, with none of the bulk.
- In addition to minimizing the height of the magnets, we placed the entire suspension outside the magnet system so that it adds nothing to its height. Whether you opt for the standard satellite and center speakers or the larger models with additional bass/mid-range drivers, the result is an exceptionally shallow unit that allows the enclosure to have the same installed depth as current flat screen TVs without compromising acoustic integrity in the slightest. Lush yet well controlled, it’s the kind of performance that brings soundtrack effects to life with a real sense of drama.
Large New Vented Tweeter
- A warm, natural sound that’s so real you feel you’re there.
- The generous size of the sophisticated new 25mm (1in.) vented tweeter specially developed for the T Series allows exceptionally accurate reproduction, especially of the human voice. And silken, effortlessly pure high notes. The clarity is outstanding, even played loud.
- KEF’s unique ‘tangerine’ waveguide helps to disperse the sound image evenly throughout the room. The combined effect is remarkable: you find yourself immersed in a dense three-dimensional sound picture that completely engages you with what’s happening on screen.
- The perfect balance: engineering integrity with design flair.
- Everything about the new T Series has been designed from first principles to achieve a sleek, unobtrusive look that matches the styling of modern TVs while still maintaining the high standard of audio fidelity KEF is famous for. The precision etched logo and chamfered black anodized aluminum side trims hint at the meticulous attention to detail and superb build quality of what’s inside. Ease of use is built in from the start, with KEF’s ingenious Selecta-mount™ system concealed in the optional stand automatically adjusting each speaker’s sound balance according to whether it’s mounted on your wall, desktop or floor.