Ultimate Subwoofer Performance
BalancedForce™ subwoofers are the realization of years of engineering by the MartinLogan team combined with the latest innovations in advanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP), amplification, electrical system designs and room correction (PBK). They are specifically designed to blend with Electrostats without diminishing the wondeful electrostatic snap and midrange clarity. A true no-compromise subwoofer – regardless of application. The most important ahievement in the all-new BalancedForce 210 is driver configuration (yes, that’s where we derived the name!). Two identical 10-inch drivers – high-performance, high-excursion aluminum-cone woofers – are mounted at a “balanced” 180 degrees apart from each other in the cabinet. As a result, their reaction force vectors exactly cancel, virtually eliminating cabinet resonance and vibration. Gone with them are the cabinet-radiation coloration and bass blur that afflict even the best conventional subwoofers.
A New Level of Flexibility to System Integration
BalancedForce 210’s advanced electrical control system brings new levels of flexibility to system integration, allowing listeners to install speaker-specific custom low-pass filters to assure a perfect match with MartinLogan speakers. Installation is simple - download a custom filter (FREE from MartinLogan.com) and save it on a USB thumb drive. Insert the drive in the subwoofer’s USB input, and the DSP takes care of the rest! Not using MartinLogan speakers? No problem. BalancedForce 210’s robost control system allows the user to dial in the low-pass frequency, phase, and level to match the user’s unique requirements.
BalancedForce 210 Features Include:
- Rigid, Low-Mass Aluminum Element Woofers
- Dual 10-inch BalancedForce™ Woofer Alignment
- PBK Room Correction (sold separately) and Built-In 25Hz Level Control
- Custom Low-Pass Filters For Specific Individual Loudspeaker Models
- Proprietary High-Power Amplifier Delivering a System Peak of 1,700 Watts Peak
- Simultaneous LFE and 2-Channel Connection (via RCA, XLR, and Speaker Level Inputs)
- Sealed Cabinet Enclosure
- Top Mounted Control Interface
- Tone Sweep to Help Identify Room Rattles and Resonances
- 12-Volt Trigger Control
- ETC™ (Energy Transfer Coupler) Spikes